January is finding a way to creep by without much notice. I think that after the rush of the holidays, we've been more than content just hanging out and enjoying each other. As a result, I suppose there hasn't been anything momentous enough to inspire me to post something to the blog. After a bug put the idea in my ear that I needed to post something new, I started thinking about what I could share. In the process, I reflected on how special even the most mundane of moments are.This evening we had a wonderful dinner to celebrate Grammy Johnson's birthday and after carting a cranky, sleepy Annika home and whisking her up to her room to get her to bed, she got a second wind and became suddenly full of smiles and energy. I put her on the floor to pick out a book to read and she started furiously pulling apart her basket of books. I spent 10 minutes just smiling and watching her amuse herself--opening and shutting books, pushing them across the floor and crawling all over the place. It's a scene that happens pretty often, but I realized upon reflection that it was the highlight of my day.


She's getting so big...what a pretty girl!
ReplyDelete