Saturday, February 27, 2010

Out West...

This past weekend we took a family trip to Vail/Beaver Creek for some fresh mountain air and skiing. Annika was better than we could have ever anticipated on her first airplane ride. Everytime I am in Colorado I try to rationalize why I don't live there. I guess beautiful scenery just isn't a replacement of family and friends.

A couple of highlights from the trip:

- Running into old guy friends from Hope at the top of Vail's blue sky basin
- Snow...lot's of it
- Putting Annika in her snowsuit. (She wasn't a big fan of being plopped in the snow to play)
- Getting to spend a day skiing with Jacki and my dad
- Lazy nights watching the Olympics

Thank you Mom for watching Annika so that we could spend the days on the slopes. You're the best!

2 comments:

  1. Did you seriously run into DH?? Crazy! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snow suit pick!! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete