Thursday, September 16, 2010

Summer...come back!

Ok, I've been HORRIBLE about keeping up with the blog over the summer, but school is back in session for Branden and our schedules are back in full swing, so I thought I'd update you on how we've spent our last three months...

- Branden stayed home with Annika over the summer, arranging field trips, play dates, and trips to the park. He was a superstar dad!
- I was busy at work with a new position and spent a lot of time running, training for my first 1/2 marathon
- We enjoyed a visit with the Johnson clan before the 4th of July. Annika and her cousin Will had a blast getting to know each other
- We spent many weekends at Shorewood, introducing Annika to Lake Michigan and the beach
- Annika became obsessed with my parents' golf cart. "Golf Cart" is now her favorite phrase

Amongst all of the joy and fun, there was a lot of sadness as well.
- We said goodbye to 2 beloved family pets - The Johnson's dog, Lolly and the Peckenpaugh's dog, Mittens
- We traveled to Ohio to celebrate the Life of my grandmother, Mildred "Mickey" Wilson who passed away in July and is greatly missed. Watching both of our moms lose their moms in the past 6 months has been incredibly hard.

Though we are sad to see summer go, the thought of crunchy leaves, pumpkin spice, apple pie and football make us excited about autumn.

We love you and miss you Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment